title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Fiio X5 2nd gen/iTunes-to-DBpoweramp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Roger1963
    • Jan 2016

Fiio X5 2nd gen/iTunes-to-DBpoweramp

Just bought a Fiio X5 2nd gen player. All my music is in iTunes (in Apple lossless, ALAC?) I can't figure out how to get my music on to DBpoweramp so i can transfer to X5. Help! I'm obviously not that tech savvy when it comes to this level. Thanks for any assistance!
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Fiio X5 2nd gen/iTunes-to-DBpoweramp

The dBpoweramp Music Converter software is used to rip audio CDs to a digital file format and convert to other formats. It doesn't handle media player devices like iTunes handles iPods/iPhones etc.

Can you connect the Fiio X5 to your PC so it shows as a removable drive? If so, maybe you can simply copy your audio files to the device.
    Last edited by mville; January 28, 2016, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• Roger1963
      • Jan 2016

Thanks for the intel. From what i understand I need to covert my iTunes files to a file that the X5 will accept. You can't "drag and drop" into the X5. That's why I thought i needed to covert the iTunes files with DBpoweramp. Does that make sense? again, i appreciate the assist!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Use Batch Converter, select the root folder, click Convert, choose mp3 as the encoder. Set the output to location to a location that is not Music, and use dynamic naming as:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

This will create a mp3 copy of your files with the same folders and filenames (somewhere else than the music folder).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Roger1963
          Thanks for the intel. From what i understand I need to covert my iTunes files to a file that the X5 will accept. You can't "drag and drop" into the X5. That's why I thought i needed to covert the iTunes files with DBpoweramp. Does that make sense? again, i appreciate the assist!
          The Fiio X5 2nd gen player supports alac, according to the Fiio X5 2nd gen website specifications.

... also, according to the manual, you can drag and drop files to the device.
          Last edited by mville; January 28, 2016, 11:55 AM. Reason: further info re. drag and drop

Comment

• Trev_L
            • Dec 2015

The x5 does indeed play ALAC and supports drag and drop.

A few suggestions towards file transfers: use a card reader. The x5 is really slow transferring files over USB. Not sure if iTunes has anything resembling a virtual device, but it would be easy to transfer to that (or an organized folder) first. Then you can use dbpoweramp to edit tags, or convert formats before you drag and drop the files on your mSD card. This is the method I use, but with MusicBee.

You should also check out this forum: http://www.head-fi.org/t/765943/fiio...cussion-thread. Plenty of information, and folks happy to help with questions.

Cheers and good luck

Comment

Working...

]]>