title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC Noob ? Going from CD to FLAC on Mac, does DBPA retain TAGS / METADATA?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jroug
    • Jan 2016

FLAC Noob ? Going from CD to FLAC on Mac, does DBPA retain TAGS / METADATA?

I have a buddy who loves FLAC and I recently used DBPA to transfer a bunch of songs / files from CD to FLAC files for him. The tracks all appeared in the DBPA window with metadata displayed before ripping, but now they appear on my MAC HD as just song name and track * showing, in one giant list of song files. Is the album title, artist, etc, etc lost or am I too new to this / dumb to know where to look?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: FLAC Noob ? Going from CD to FLAC on Mac, does DBPA retain TAGS / METADATA?

This is because Apple will not read the metadata from FLAC files, you need a compatible player (iTunes is not one).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jroug
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
      This is because Apple will not read the metadata from FLAC files, you need a compatible player (iTunes is not one).
      Okay, thanks - very helpful. So the tags are there, but not visible b/c Mac?

If this si the case, what's a good compatible player (preferably free) I can use to get these organized?

Thanks for the help!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I do not know of any FLAC players on OS X.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jroug
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
          I do not know of any FLAC players on OS X.
          Thanks, I'm going to try Vox.

Comment

• Willem54
            • Jan 2016

You can also try freeware VLC, available on IOS and OSX. For more party exitement I can recomment Clementine on OSX.
            If you want to be compatible with Apple software you can consider to convert to Apple Lossless (ALAC - M4A). Most players are supporting ALAC.

Comment

• Jroug
              • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Willem54
              You can also try freeware VLC, available on IOS and OSX. For more party exitement I can recomment Clementine on OSX.
              If you want to be compatible with Apple software you can consider to convert to Apple Lossless (ALAC - M4A). Most players are supporting ALAC.
              Thanks; my only goal here is to make sure the FLAC files I've already created on my mac are tagged with correct metadata before I forward them to my buddy. I'm not planning on switching my music library to FLAC. Do you have any suggestions as to which of these programs might be best for that? I haven't started yet.

Comment

Working...

]]>