title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot Install Codecs v 12.4 Windows 7 "Error whilst running 'dBConfig.exe'"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdog
    • Oct 2015

Cannot Install Codecs v 12.4 Windows 7 "Error whilst running 'dBConfig.exe'"

The other post failed, I cannot edit it.

I get this error message when trying to install any codec, Ive tried various install paths. The worst part is, the installer itself says SUCCESS and when I goto into programs, I see the various codes I attempted to install as fully installed and recognized by Windows as active programs! The problem is, the DB configuration utility cant see them, DB converter cant use them. I tried redownloading both codecs and main software, I tried rebooting, launching as admin, compatibility modes, etc

Ive gotten it to work on other Win7 installs, Im not sure what the problem is this time. Help!
  • cdog
    • Oct 2015

Re: Cannot Install Codecs v 12.4 Windows 7 "Error whilst running 'dBConfig.exe'"

I tried changing the default install path, no dice

from

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp

to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate

is this some 32 vs 64 bit issue?
    Last edited by cdog; October 20, 2015, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• cdog
      • Oct 2015

Re: Cannot Install Codecs v 12.4 Windows 7 "Error whilst running 'dBConfig.exe'"

Just about at the end of my wits here, this is software Ive had working in this exact config, I cant figure it out, sometimes Windows just wont play nice

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Sounds like a mixup of 32 and 64bit installations.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

from

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp

to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate

-----

You cannot change the above because you are installing something 64 bit into the 32 bit location. Uninstall everything, if you need 32 bit versions, then force the 32 bit version to install by holding the right shift key whilst double clicking the installer.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cdog
            • Oct 2015

Right, I know that - but please understand I tried all normal procedures. Ive now had this error on 2 separate win7 machines.

I need to convert WMA-->WAV but I cant do that without the codec, which is frustrating because this has always been my 1st choice software.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Uninstall all dBpoweramp programs (and codecs), then install all to the default locations.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>