title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Is this true?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nat
    • Oct 2015

Is this true?

I went into my hifi store and asked the guy who sets up their streaming equipment, jokingly.....if he had to faf about with the set up procedure when he uses Dbpoweramp.
    He was gobbed smacked when I told him what I had to do after paying for the full version, saying it usually automatically selects everything for you, when you insert your first CD, and sets it. Then a box comes up saying DB poweramp is set up and ready to rip CDs.
    The only selection he made was with the Flac setting, no marking CDs with a felt pen etc......
    Is this correct, because I didn't get a pop up telling me that when I put my first CD in?
    Im not complaining as Im set now, Id just like to know if hes telling porkies.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Is this true?

one could do that. but one wouldn't be checking for C2 error reporting, or setting up several things that require setup. So you did it the right way and he did it the wrong way. Then again, I find everyone I've ever talked with in a high-end audio store was virtually entirely wrong about *anything* they said that had to do with digital music. I suppose I can't blame them, as they read audiophile magazines, which mostly make stuff up (really! I'm not exaggerating here).

EDIT. But do note that the setup procedure on PC vs Mac is different.
    Last edited by garym; October 13, 2015, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>