title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need help setting up dbpoweramp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhk

• Apr 2018

Need help setting up dbpoweramp

I have a large (18,000 music files), mostly FLAC, a sprinkling of WAV and a few hundred mp3. I want to convert all of the flac & wav files to mp3s, and leave the existing mp3s in place.
    Using the default parameters, the program starts to convert but after a few dozen files freezes. PLEASE: 1) how does dbpoweramp deal with mp3s. Does it ignore them? Process them into a different mp3? Choke up?
    1. PLEASE, someone, tell me how to instruct the program to do what I want!
    Windows 10, Z2G9 workstation w 64 gig memory. The original files reside in M:\music with many levels of subfolders - for example
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	96
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	327894
    I will copy the entire Music folder to a folder called MP3.and do the conversions there, expecting the FLAC/WAV files to disappeear aand be replaced by MP3.

Thanks to anyone who can help
    rhk
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

As continued from email, rhk is experiencing a full system lockup only holding power button recovers:

A normal mode (not kernel running program) cannot cause windows to fully lock up, CTL + ALT + DELETE will always bring up task manager unless the system has crashed (as it is a low level interrupt that cannot be masked), a crashed system is nothing to do with the programs running on the system, as Windows is designed not to allow a program to crash the whole system.

Our programs have been installed on circa 10 million active computers, there is no lock-up bug in the program, we have been doing this for close to 20 years.

Your first stop is to run stress testing programs for the computer, try:

GIMPS has free software available for Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OSX. Contribute to the effort by using your computer's spare processing power.

Or use a DSP effect 'CPU Force' and set dBpoweramp to only use one CPU core.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>