title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem with resampling high res files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sandycarson
    • Sep 2015

Problem with resampling high res files

Hi,

We have been trying to convert some high resolution tracks so that they play with sonos. The problem we have is that sonos will not play files over 16bit and 44100 Hz, so in poweramp we set the dsp to have 16 bit files and resample to 44100 Hz. However, when it is completed and I attempt to play it in sonos there is an error that the sample rate is 30464 Hz. We have no idea how to correct this and desperately need help!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem with resampling high res files

Hold the mouse over the converted file, the popup information tip will show what sample rate it is.

dBpoweramp will not write 30464 Hz.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jonesr
      • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Sandycarson
      Hi,

We have been trying to convert some high resolution tracks so that they play with sonos. The problem we have is that sonos will not play files over 16bit and 44100 Hz, so in poweramp we set the dsp to have 16 bit files and resample to 44100 Hz. However, when it is completed and I attempt to play it in sonos there is an error that the sample rate is 30464 Hz. We have no idea how to correct this and desperately need help!
      Hi, did you ever get this resolved? I'm trying to convert from 96/24 FLAC, and am having the same exact issue - Sonos tells me the sample rate is 30464 Hz, no matter what options I choose.

Spoon - Today I purchased a 96/24 album from HDtracks (for playback via my OPPO in my media room). I also, today, purchased a single license of dBpoweramp for my Mac, as I would like to resample so that I may also play via Sonos throughout the rest of my home. Would prefer .m4a files, as that works well with iTunes, which I use to manage my non-96/24 library. As well, all 375 albums are .m4a.

Is converting to m4a FKD (AAC) correct? If so, what are the optimal options for use with Sonos? Thank you.
      Last edited by jonesr; November 27, 2015, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can convert to FLAC (save in a different location to keep original) and use the DSP Effects:

Resample (set to 44KHz)
        Bit Depth (set to 16 bit)

Then the FLAC will play in the sonos.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>