title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC TO ALAC - Not All Tags Convert

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidi
    • Nov 2016

FLAC TO ALAC - Not All Tags Convert

Hello everyone, I've noticed that when I convert FLAC to ALAC, the 'Description' tag is empty in the ALAC file. Am I missing something? I tried to use 'ID Tag Processing->Map' and map Description to Description but that did not work either. All the other tags seem to convert ok. I don't notice any other tags missing, just the Description tag. Any help would be appreciated. I am using the latest version of dBpoweramp (2024-05-30) on Windows 11 :-)
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Like you said, most tag fields will map across both codecs during conversions, but there are just some that won’t. (STYLE is one that I run into trouble with.) The easiest solution I’ve found is to add the field after conversion. A bit annoying, yes, but not that big a deal since I always run my files though a tag editor anyway.

Comment

• davidi
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by BrodyBoy
      Like you said, most tag fields will map across both codecs during conversions, but there are just some that won’t. (STYLE is one that I run into trouble with.) The easiest solution I’ve found is to add the field after conversion. A bit annoying, yes, but not that big a deal since I always run my files though a tag editor anyway.
      I get it, it's really more annoyance than anything lol I understand that not everything will map correctly. I was really hoping there was solution other than opening up a tag editor and adding the Description field back in. Ahh well. Thank you.

Comment

Working...

]]>