title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Conversion Header Retention

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheBard

• Feb 2018

Conversion Header Retention

If this is a repeated question, I'm sorry. I'm tired.
    I've been using dbPoweramp to convert audio files to 8-bit, 16kHz, for many years. But today I ran into a headache.

The audio files I convert are played in an embedded microprocessor. These devices and their OS have -very- limited capability. What I found was that I converted a file, and the micro puked hard while trying to play it.. Even hung the debugger!

To fix it, I played each audio file with VLC, and re-recorded it with Audacity. Then replaced the file in the micro, and boom. No errors... This leads me to suspect dBpoweramp leaves some garbage behind from the original file after conversion.

My question is, does dbPoweramp create a totally new, totally clean header for each conversion, and -only- transfers the converted audio data? Or is there legacy file header or meta junk still there. Bad header info, or worse yet Apple product garbage.

Please think about this and let me know.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

You would want to include the DSP Effect 'ID Tag Processing' set to delete all the ID Tags, that will ensure only the audio is encoded.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>