title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FR: Save Custom ID3 Tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yevster
    • Jun 2023

FR: Save Custom ID3 Tags

Lately, I found myself using ID3 tags to annotate which box set each CD I rip came form and what its number in that box set is. And I found it really annoying to type the same ID3 tag names into Tag Editor and CD Ripper all the time. Since the option for custom tags exist, would it be difficult to save the frequently used custom tag names? I don't know of every possible use case for custom ID3 tags, but I'm sure the people who use them don't use a new tag name for every file.
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

If you're talking about ripping a box set and you want set-specific custom tags to be applied, I'd suggest creating a custom ripping profile for that set. This allows you to specify not just ripping parameters and file location/organization, but you can do a lot of tag manipulation as well. This includes applying whatever custom tags you want. You'll still need to enter the disc number for each rip, because the online databases probably won't get them all correct.

(Rather than delete the profile when you're done with that set, keep it and tweak it for the next one!)

Comment

• yevster
      • Jun 2023

Thanks for the tips on ripping! I also find myself adding tags retroactively to previously ripped files. Being able to save custom tag names would help there too.

Comment

• yevster
        • Jun 2023

<answered my own question>
        Last edited by yevster; May 09, 2024, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>