title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

flac decoding fails md5 check

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

flac decoding fails md5 check

I downloaded DBpower AMP Music Converter & flac codec.
    When I decode some flac files to wavs they decode OK and play OK but they fail the md5 test. If I use another flac decoder they decode fine and pass the md5 test. Both file sizes are the same. Unfortunately I have had to uninstall DBpower AMP Music Converter now and decided to use something else. Just thought I'd let you know as I believe there is a problem with the software/codec somewhere.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: flac decoding fails md5 check

It is just the wave header that is different, get the latest DMC beta and they will be the same.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Thanks spoon, I'll give that a try. Do like the look of the prog....

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

what is this md5 check about? and what is the importance of it? i know md5 is an encryption technic on certain software but how does it apply here?

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

ok never mind i relalize now it's just a file compare check against the original source.

sounds like this can be overated and misunderstood if a file returns a md5 check fail.

i mean if it sounds ok then it is ok :D i won't be needing md5 for that.
          Last edited by Spoons; October 10, 2003, 06:34 AM.

Comment

• Unregistered

The benefit of the Md5 checksum (I use it with SHN files primarily) is that you don't have to listen to the final product to know if your copy is pristine. For backing up a library of 3 hour concerts this is a HUGE plus. You can just convert it, check the Md5, store it, and forget about it.

Besides, could you really hear one or two errors in a long live music recording? (even if you could pay full attention for the entire track)

Comment

• Razgo
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Unregistered
              The benefit of the Md5 checksum (I use it with SHN files primarily) is that you don't have to listen to the final product to know if your copy is pristine. For backing up a library of 3 hour concerts this is a HUGE plus. You can just convert it, check the Md5, store it, and forget about it.

Besides, could you really hear one or two errors in a long live music recording? (even if you could pay full attention for the entire track)
              so iguess you are talking about 3 cd's here? as that would be about 3 hrs. yeh i can see if there was a reason to do a lot of backups without having to listen to them all now, then yes i can see that as a good safe reason to use it.

Comment

• JahSun
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Nov 2003

Originally posted by Razgo
                so iguess you are talking about 3 cd's here? as that would be about 3 hrs.
                Yes. In fact, many (most) of the Phish & Dead Shows available from FTP servers and what not in SHN & FLAC format are 3 cd shows. Two or Three entire sets... Combine that with the fact that the Dead played over 200 shows a year most of the time.

Comment

Working...

]]>