title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Convert .sid files to .mp3 files???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ambient_lover
    • Oct 2003

Convert .sid files to .mp3 files???

Might anybody know of any way to convert old retro computer game music files in the formats of .sid, .mod, .dm2, .sndh, .hip to .mp3 files?

I am on a quest to convert these files to quality .mp3's any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!! ~8-) Tony

P.S. I like to play these old retro computer game tracks while I do mechanical engineering with AutoCAD 2004, it makes it all feel like a game )
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Convert .sid files to .mp3 files???

SID is supported by dBPowerAMP - get the Music Converter and visit 'Codec Central' there are lots of Retro Codecs.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Spoon
      SID is supported by dBPowerAMP - get the Music Converter and visit 'Codec Central' there are lots of Retro Codecs.
      Thanks for the response, but I have been to the codec central page located here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm and I do see the "Computer Generated [Retro Games, MODs]" section, but nothing there for .sid files that I can see?? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• ambient_lover
        • Oct 2003

Also noticed that all the codec for the Retro game files have only the option of "Decodes (reads)" > This means it can only read not write, so it can not convert the files to other formats?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Decodes means you can convert from that type to anything. Sorry I thought there was a sid, but there is not.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>