title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID-Tagging Problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • isaidwoof
    • Jul 2011

ID-Tagging Problem

i recently re-installed windows on the same machine/hdd and ran into an issue after re-installing dbpoweramp concerning vorbis comments in id-tag.

i rip my cds in flac with eac, the command line options for tags are the basic; artist, title, etc. and include TRACKNUMBER instead of 'Track' and DATE instead of 'Year'. with dbpoweramp installed, all my flac files in properties>id-tag used to display (in order): ARTIST, TITLE, ALBUM, TRACK (blank), YEAR (blank), GENRE, Comment, DATE and TRACKNUMBER. now all my old flac files in my external drives do not have DATE and TRACKNUMBER displayed in the id-tag tab, instead the TRACK and YEAR fields are filled. how can i get my old setting back?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: ID-Tagging Problem

Look at dBpoweramp Configuration>Codecs>Advanced Options>FLAC ID Tagging.

I suspect the Vorbis Comment Mapping need setting to what you had before re-installing Windows.

Comment

• isaidwoof
      • Jul 2011

thank you, that worked. all my flac files now display date and tracknumber correctly and the year and track fields are blank.

while i have your attention perhaps you can help me with a problem i had with my old set-up and have now too;
      when i transcode a flac file to mp3 (w/ dbpa) the year and track number fields are blank in the mp3 tags.
      is there a means to have both; date and tracknumber filled for flac > convert > year and track number filled for mp3?

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by isaidwoof
        thank you, that worked. all my flac files now display date and tracknumber correctly and the year and track fields are blank.

while i have your attention perhaps you can help me with a problem i had with my old set-up and have now too;
        when i transcode a flac file to mp3 (w/ dbpa) the year and track number fields are blank in the mp3 tags.
        is there a means to have both; date and tracknumber filled for flac > convert > year and track number filled for mp3?
        When converting flac to mp3, add the ID Tag Processing DSP. Click Settings>Map and add 2 new entries where you map date to year and tracknumber to track.

Comment

• isaidwoof
          • Jul 2011

again thank you.
          one more question (maybe) .. now that i know how and can make some tag adjustments, i would like to add 'Disc' as a tag field (mp3) for multiple disc sets.
          in dsp > map; i added 'discnumber' to 'disc' .. now i should add 'disc' in the additions tab, correct? what do i enter in the [type tag value] field?

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

i would like to add 'Disc' as a tag field (mp3) for multiple disc sets.
            in dsp > map; i added 'discnumber' to 'disc' .. now i should add 'disc' in the additions tab, correct? what do i enter in the [type tag value] field?
            In your flac files are you seeing Disc or DiscNumber in Edit ID-Tag?

Comment

• isaidwoof
              • Jul 2011

the flac tag is actually DISCNUMBER .. i was too lazy to capitalize in the above post.

map > DISCNUMBER to Disc ... next; additions > Disc [?]

Comment

• mville
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2008

So, under Edit ID-Tag, your flac files are showing:

Date
                TrackNumber
                DiscNumber

When converting flac to mp3, add the ID Tag Processing DSP. Click Settings>Map and add 3 new entries, mapping:
                Date to Year
                TrackNumber to Track
                DiscNumber to Disc

Comment

• isaidwoof
                  • Jul 2011

the flac tags in edit id-tag show;

Date
                  TRACKNUMBER *
                  DISCNUMBER *
                  * = fully capitalized

i have created 3 entries in dsp > id tag processing > map;

Date to Year
                  TRACKNUMBER to Track
                  DISCNUMBER to Disc

after converting to mp3 with this configuration, the id3 tags in edit id-tags correctly show;

Year
                  Track
                  but not 'Disc'

do i have to create an entry in dsp > id tag processing > additions and name it Disc?
                  if so, what do i enter in the field [type tag value]?

Comment

• mville
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Dec 2008

i have created 3 entries in dsp > id tag processing > map;

Date to Year
                    TRACKNUMBER to Track
                    DISCNUMBER to Disc

after converting to mp3 with this configuration, the id3 tags in edit id-tags correctly show;

Year
                    Track
                    but not 'Disc'

do i have to create an entry in dsp > id tag processing > additions and name it Disc?
                    if so, what do i enter in the field [type tag value]?
                    No, you don't need the addition.

I'm not entirely sure why you would want to mess with the tagging defaults in dBpoweramp. Tagging different file formats is notoriously difficult due to the different tagging standards i.e. Vorbis Comments and ID3 tags and the lack of standardization across these formats.

dBpoweramp does it's best to adhere to any standards that have been set and veering away from these only leads to complications further down the line, as you are discovering here.

However, having said all that, you may have very good reason for your customizations. It's just that I don't know why discnumber is not being mapped to disc. Maybe it is a bug.

Comment

• isaidwoof
                      • Jul 2011

it's not important. my main concern was regaining my old settings and i'm very grateful you helped me do that.
                      truthfully, i mostly deal with flac, i've ripped my cd collection to flac and that's what i listen to. on occasion i transcode to mp3 for friends, co-workers who could care less for lossless.

Comment

Working...

]]>