title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

convert from flac with cuesheet to wav

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitkey
    • Jun 2014

convert from flac with cuesheet to wav

hi all

I am quite new to conversion. I have bought a DS414 NAS and intend to copy my library into the NAS. my purpose is to stream music in DLNA mode.

problem is my collection was ripped using EAC into single wav file with cuesheet. during the early stage, there is no tag and metadata. but I keep a album art into its directory.

question

1. can I say that wav with tag/metadata is better than flac ?
    2. can dBpower convert the cue with wav into individual wave files with tag/metadata and album art ?

sorry I am really novice and I know its pain if done wrongly (like with the EAC )

rgds
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: convert from flac with cuesheet to wav

1. No, flace uncompresses to identical to wave also it has a crc which can detect corruption, wave cannot.
    2. No
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mitkey
      hi all

I am quite new to conversion. I have bought a DS414 NAS and intend to copy my library into the NAS. my purpose is to stream music in DLNA mode.

problem is my collection was ripped using EAC into single wav file with cuesheet. during the early stage, there is no tag and metadata. but I keep a album art into its directory.

question

1. can I say that wav with tag/metadata is better than flac ?
      2. can dBpower convert the cue with wav into individual wave files with tag/metadata and album art ?

sorry I am really novice and I know its pain if done wrongly (like with the EAC )

rgds
      WAV is lossless. FLAC is lossless. They are equal. Neither is better or worse for sound quality (as they are both bit perfect to the original CD). With regards to players, file managment, tagging with metadata, etc. FLAC is much better. And FLAC files also contain built in CRCs that allow one to easily determine whether the files have become corrupted with a simple batch command. Very useful when copying large batches of files to a new harddrive. When done, simply convert to [TEST CONVERSION] with dbpa and this will automatically test each flac file.

regarding converting from cue to separate tracks: I'm not sure if dbpa will do this. But this can be easily done with foobar2000. If the metadata is not in the CUE sheet, then the converted file will not have it either. However, with dbpa one can "guess" metadata from the file and directory names of your files. Eventually Perfect tunes will be able to read your files and find metadata and artwork automatically if they are organized as separate album files per subdirectory.

Comment

• mitkey
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by garym
        However, with dbpa one can "guess" metadata from the file and directory names of your files. Eventually Perfect tunes will be able to read your files and find metadata and artwork automatically if they are organized as separate album files per subdirectory.
        noted.

i intend to stream music files and it will be played thru jRiver or using lumin, etc.

can I know in what way I should name the files and director so that it can be 'inteligently' guessed by dbpa.

rgds

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mitkey
          noted.

i intend to stream music files and it will be played thru jRiver or using lumin, etc.

can I know in what way I should name the files and director so that it can be 'inteligently' guessed by dbpa.

rgds
          dbpa is not really "guessing". it is mapping info from the file names (using info you provide) to fill in certain metadata. For example, if file is:

c:\music\The Beatles\Abbey Road\01-Come Together

you can create a map within one of the dbpa programs (mp3tag can do the same thing as well) that would use the 2nd directory as the ARTIST, the 3rd directory as the ALBUM, the next part before the "-" as the track number, and everything after the "-" as the TITLE. But again, this is all editable by you. The key is that there is some systematic naming system so that such a map can work automatically on thousands of files at a time.

Comment

Working...

]]>