title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Opus encoding question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mc900fttommy
    • Jun 2014

Opus encoding question

I have my entire music library encoded from lossless to opus 1.1. In the interest of creating the highest possible quality (however negligible the gains may be) I'd like to be able to change the frame rate to the maximum 60ms from the default 20ms. I know this can be done by using the encoder by command line, but I was curious if there is any way I can achieve this through the batch converter (what I normally use to encode). I was hoping there is a configuration file I could edit, etc. I'm using R15 if it matters. Any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Tommy
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Opus encoding question

You would have to use the CLI Encoder codec, then you can call Opusenc.exe with the command line you specify.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mc900fttommy
      • Jun 2014

Ok thank you. I downloaded that and set it up so that CLI is calling the OPUSENC.EXE from the codec downloaded in DBPowerAmp. I can get it to create the filename and folder structure of my encodes but all the file sizes come out as 0. I checked to see if there's an error in my command line but I can't find one. This is what i'm using:

--bitrate 128 --framesize 60 [infile] [outfile]

Can you tell if I've made a mistake?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

--bitrate 128 --framesize 60 "[infile]" "[outfile]"

or try:

--bitrate 128 --framesize 60 - "[outfile]"
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mc900fttommy
          • Jun 2014

The first one fixed it, thank you very much! One last question.. When converting FLAC > OPUS would the "highest quality decoded source" and "pass wave header" do anything or should I just uncheck those?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

No need.

The 2nd string should be used if works as would be faster, in that a temp file is not needed to encode.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mc900fttommy
              • Jun 2014

I did notice that I lost nearly 70x off my encoding speed using the 1st string. I tried the second but it gave me empty files and this message:

Error converting to CLI Encoder, 'Z:\Shared Music\Audio\FLAC Archive\Deftones - Adrenaline\02. Minus Blindfold.flac' to 'D:\Music Library\Opus [v1.1 128k 60ms]\Deftones - Adrenaline\02. Minus Blindfold.opus'
              Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

Is there another possible string that could work to make it not have to use temp files? If not I can live with the speed loss as the quality gained was noticeable.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Try checking the 'pass wave header' box. (with 2nd string)
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>