title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error m4a audio file is corrupt. [ALACDEC::DecodeBlock]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CharlieP
    • Apr 2013

Error m4a audio file is corrupt. [ALACDEC::DecodeBlock]

I have been unable to use the convertor to set Replaygain IDtags for Apple Lossless files. I get this error when using the Replaygain codec. I also get the error if I try to convert Apple Lossless to Apple Lossless, using the DSP to set replay gain tags. Both iTunes and AssetUPnP correctly play these same "corrupt" files.

I can successfully set Replaygain for AIFF files, and it will read (the same) Apple Lossless files to convert to AIFF with DSP Replaygain. When successful, AssetUPnP correctly applies the Replaygain on playback. I can also rip the original CDs with dBPoweramp to AIFF with DSP to set Replaygain IDtags.

For all the above cases, I am running dBPoweramp in WinXP emulation by Parallels9, on a Mac Book Pro with OS10.9.2. The files are on a disk mounted to my MacMini (OS 10.9.2 with AssetUPnP for Mac), which is a mounted volume to the Mac Book Pro, shared with the Parallels WinXP virtual machine.

I know a work-around is to simply convert files the Apple Lossless (m4a) files to AIFF. For various reasons, I would like to avoid that for now. It appears that the converter can not write to an m4a file. Is this a bug? Or is related to interoperability? Or am I doing something wrong?

Charlie
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error m4a audio file is corrupt. [ALACDEC::DecodeBlock]

It is likely the location of the files, try bringing a select few locally to the machine which does the converting.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• CharlieP
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      It is likely the location of the files, try bringing a select few locally to the machine which does the converting.
      I copied an album folder of the same files to the local disk and the same error results.

Charlie

Comment

• CharlieP
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by CharlieP
        I copied an album folder of the same files to the local disk and the same error results.

Charlie
        I also get the error if I try to convert the m4a files locally to aiff. I think that yesterday I converted m4a to aiff with iTunes on the remote machine, and dBPoweramp converted those OK. I suspect it is the m4a format somehow? The files were ripped several years ago, I think, either by dBPA or iTunes. I have been ripping to wav or aiff for years now.

So, I re-ripped one of the CD's to local disk, m4a, using dBPA. Then they converted OK with the replay gain codec in converter.

Next, I converted a set of aiff files, to m4a on the remote Mac Mini, using iTunes. These files also converted OK using the replay gain codec (in the WinXP emulation).

So, my conclusion, is there is something about my older m4a files that the dBPA converter does not like. The good news is that my recently purchased dBPA and PerfectTunes will likely work in Parallels across my Mac network. (Knock on wood, I have not yet tried PerfectTunes.)

Charlie

Comment

Working...

]]>