title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asf->*any* conversion problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aahz
    • Sep 2003

Asf->*any* conversion problem

Hi! Recently I tried to convert some *.asf tracks from a cd.
    I did install the codec from codec central on dbpoweramp.com. I did not,however, install the WMA V9 system codecs since I have windows media player 9.0 installed.
    When I started the conversion procedure,the standart Windows "an error has occured, the program must close...blabla" message popped up. I tried to copy the asf file to hdd and convert from there but still I had the same problem. I tried converting to wave/mp3/wma,but still received the same message. What can the problem be?
    My pc specs:
    PIII @ 933 mhz, 256 SDRAM, win xp pro.
  • Unregistered

Originally posted by Aahz
    Hi! Recently I tried to convert some *.asf tracks from a cd.
    I tried to copy the asf file to hdd and convert from there but still I had the same problem. I tried converting to wave/mp3/wma,but still received the same message. What can the problem be?
    My pc specs:
    PIII @ 933 mhz, 256 SDRAM, win xp pro.

From the top. Does the file play as .asf ?

Comment

• Unregistered

No. Winamp shows an error message. Though this music is used in a program and it works in there.

Comment

• Joseph
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Oct 2002

Run windows update and see if there are Any Windows Media Player updates.

If the conversion process still dosen't work, follow Spoons instructions very carefully on the WMA 9 Page.

Originally posted by Spoon
        *** Follow these 3 steps, I get so many emails because just one item is downloaded! ***
        1. Windows Media Audio v9 System Codecs (3.8MB) [not required if Media Player 9 or above is installed]
        2. WMA v9 Codec Release 1.3b (260KB)
        3. Reboot computer (full shutdown, not hibernate, suspend or sleep)
        If this still dosen't work and you still get the error message, download the latest beta of DbpowerAmp Music Converter

Comment

Working...

]]>