title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converter changes order of tracks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sky King
    • Dec 2013

Converter changes order of tracks

Converter running under Windows XP Pro & using multi-processors changes the order of tracks. How do I correct this?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Converter changes order of tracks

Originally posted by Sky King
    Converter running under Windows XP Pro & using multi-processors changes the order of tracks. How do I correct this?
    the order where? in file explorer? in playlist using metadata? are you using dynamic naming string so that the beginning of the file name has the track number (e.g., [track] - [title]

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by garym
      the order where? in file explorer? in playlist using metadata? are you using dynamic naming string so that the beginning of the file name has the track number (e.g., [track] - [title]
      lower left side of ripper screen, dynamic naming, select "set", then enter the naming string you want to use. If you want your tracks to list by track number order, start each file name with the track and/or disk.track number. I use the following dynamic naming string. It handles multidisks, compilations, album artist vs artist, all automatically. You can paste this in the dynamic naming setting and see what it does with the "madonna" example provided.

[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title][]

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Must be creation order, if you want in order on the HDD then you have to use the DSP effect 'Force CPU' and set to one cpu only.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sky King
          • Dec 2013

I am totally mistaken: mislead by the automobile head unit for which I made the SD Chip; when viewed on a computer, the track order is fine. Sorry.

Comment

• Sky King
            • Dec 2013

This did occur on a CD made for the same automobile head unit as the SD chip; I will try using only one CPU. It seems the track order is exactly as they were created my the various processors.

Comment

Working...

]]>