title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Using Channel Mapper with many channels.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rupa
    • Jan 2004

Using Channel Mapper with many channels.

I currently record off of my audio interface into a single 32 channel wav file. In order to convert to flac, I need to break this into multiple 8 channel files (flac maxes out at 8 channels).

Using the Channel Mapper DSP looked like the right solution, but it only lets me choose from channels 1-8 and ignores the rest of the channels.

I could use the channel split encoder, but that results in a single file for every channel which is way more than I want to deal with.

Thoughts?

I can't even seem to get the channel mapper or the channel Count DSPs to work in the limited case.

Source audio: SonyWav64, 16 channels, 24bit, 48Khz, approx 1hr 30min, size is 11G.

Convert to wav64, channels, bits and frequency all set to "same as source", same length:

DSP: Channel Count set to 8 results in:
    Error converting to Wave64, 'C:\Users\rupa\Music\2013-11-03 - TKG Govardhana Puja\Board Audio 16ch.w64' to 'C:\Users\rupa\Music\2013-11-03 - TKG Govardhana Puja\Board Audio 16ch2.w64'
    Error converting channels [clDSP::PassAudioBlock]
    DSP: Channel Mapper, setup with 8 channels, mapping ch1-ch1 etc up to 8.
    This completes without error, but finishes immediately and results in a 1k output file.
    Last edited by rupa; November 04, 2013, 06:18 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Using Channel Mapper with many channels.

I do not think more than 8 channels will be supported correctly, we would not have coded for it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rupa
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Spoon
      I do not think more than 8 channels will be supported correctly, we would not have coded for it.
      Hmmm. That would explain it. I eventually used sound forge to split things up. Not my preference.

Any chance to get support up to 48 channels? :-)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

There is the wishlist section of the forum.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rupa
          • Jan 2004

New post in wishlist. However, shouldn't the second error case result in an error rather than a 1k output file?

DSP: Channel Mapper, setup with 8 channels, mapping ch1-ch1 etc up to 8.
          This completes without error, but finishes immediately and results in a 1k output file.
          I also got no error when converting a > 4G file to AIFF which resulted in the final file being truncated to 1k.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Using 32 channels will perhaps not give an error, just not the correct results as you are seeing.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>