title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

First Time User: Need assistance or refund, it is not working properly

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueCrew
    • Oct 2013

First Time User: Need assistance or refund, it is not working properly

First time trying to use the product, I'm a pretty intelligent, fairly computer savvy person, and the product is not working properly, or as I anticipated.

The program will not allow me to convert one type of file format to another, it always forces me to burn to CD. No matter if I open the converter or batch converted instead of the CD writer. The option where it has file location and things of that nature is blocked off.

The program will not allow me to choose what type of file I want to burn to. I trying to convert from audacity. Audacity doesn't have an option for CD audio, so I saved in wave. But I don't want the CD in wave, I want CD audio. Those setting are what is on the db writer when I burn, but every CD then has WAV files burned onto it. What is the problem here.

Look, either something has gone seriously wrong during installation, or I need detailed assistance of a personal nature, or I want my money back.
  • TrueCrew
    • Oct 2013

Re: First Time User: Need assistance or refund, it is not working properly

Originally posted by TrueCrew
    First time trying to use the product, I'm a pretty intelligent, fairly computer savvy person, and the product is not working properly, or as I anticipated.

The program will not allow me to convert one type of file format to another, it always forces me to burn to CD. No matter if I open the converter or batch converted instead of the CD writer. The option where it has file location and things of that nature is blocked off.

The program will not allow me to choose what type of file I want to burn to. I trying to convert from audacity. Audacity doesn't have an option for CD audio, so I saved in wave. But I don't want the CD in wave, I want CD audio. Those setting are what is on the db writer when I burn, but every CD then has WAV files burned onto it. What is the problem here.

Look, either something has gone seriously wrong during installation, or I need detailed assistance of a personal nature, or I want my money back.
    OK, the issue is only with CD audio, but the program still burns the CD with Wav rather than CD audio files. I'll change the forum.

Comment

• TrueCrew
      • Oct 2013

OK, there is no separate forum for the CD writer, so I'll keep it here. The thing will NOT rip to CD using CD audio files, and I'm tired of wasting CDs. Do I have to select Data File? That doesn't seem to make sense, as that is not what I want to do. I just want a normal CD with CD audio files on it, is that so difficult? If it is, I would like a refund.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

CD Writer will represent normal Audio CDs (the type you buy in a shop) and which can play on normal CD players as wave files before writing, this is correct, the wave files are uncompressed and the correct type to write to the CD.

If you have a CD player which can play mp3 files, then you select 'Data CD' as the type, as this is a special type of CD which allows mp3 files to be written.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TrueCrew
          • Oct 2013

While it is true that wav are uncompressed, CD Audio files are not the same kind of file as wav. CD Audio files or more universal that wav (which can be microsoft restrictive). The fact that the product does not allow one to chose which file format you want to use when burning is deficient in my book.

Still, I was able to get the thing to write to CD audio by reconfiguring some of my preferences. And I thank you for your quick response, much appreciated.

Comment

• BrodyBoy
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by TrueCrew
            While it is true that wav are uncompressed, CD Audio files are not the same kind of file as wav. CD Audio files or more universal that wav (which can be microsoft restrictive). The fact that the product does not allow one to chose which file format you want to use when burning is deficient in my book.

Still, I was able to get the thing to write to CD audio by reconfiguring some of my preferences. And I thank you for your quick response, much appreciated.
            I'm confused about your complaint. What's the deficiency if you were in fact able to do what you were trying to do?

Comment

Working...

]]>