title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Question: Equivalent to ocenaudio's Dynamic Processing Limiter in Music Converter?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diabolus01
    • Oct 2013

Question: Equivalent to ocenaudio's Dynamic Processing Limiter in Music Converter?

I have quite a large and sonically disparate music collection that I would like to be able to play at work. However, even after applying ReplayGain volume normalize to my tracks, there is too much volume difference between sections of many of my songs to be able to play them comfortably in a quiet environment. I would like to be able to create a copy of my music files specifically for work where I compress the loud sections of each of my songs so that there is not an enormous amount of volume difference between the quiet an loud parts of each track, then apply ReplayGain volume normalization.

This might be the wrong approach, but can someone tell me wow I can achieve the equivalent of -7.5 db Dynamics Processing Limiter in ocenaudio using dBpoweramp's Music Converter?

Does anyone have a better suggestion?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Question: Equivalent to ocenaudio's Dynamic Processing Limiter in Music Converter

Use the Adaptive Normalization, it normalizes on scrolling window to bring the quiet parts close to loud.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Diabolus01
      • Oct 2013

Re: Question: Equivalent to ocenaudio's Dynamic Processing Limiter in Music Converter

Okay, I tried that and I'm thinking I need to tweak my settings. The result for a test file created virtually the same file with the following parameters: 1) Arrange Audio selected as 'Codec'; 2) Volume Normalize selected as DSP Effect; 3) Adaptive selected as method; 4) 6,000 ms selected as Window Length (also tried 600,000); 5) 8x selected as Maximum Amplification.

Here is the desired outcome I would like to see if possible:

Original

Desired
      Last edited by Diabolus01; October 20, 2013, 05:14 PM. Reason: Addition of Screenshots

Comment

• Diabolus01
        • Oct 2013

I hate to bump this thread, but does anyone have any feedback based upon the information I have provided?

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Arrange audio does not use any dsp effects, you would have to convert to a real encoder.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Diabolus01
            • Oct 2013

Thanks, Spoon, I am getting the effect that I need

Comment

Working...

]]>