title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

newbie trying out dbPoweramp, problem converting wav to alac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vansouthpaw
    • Oct 2013

newbie trying out dbPoweramp, problem converting wav to alac

I downloaded a trial version of the software to see how well it works and so far...not so great.

When I convert a .wav file to apple lossless, it creates a 40 byte file - which is labelled as an MPEG-4 but is only 40 bytes in the original folder (which is the output path), does not remove the original file (that option is checked on)...yet it seems to be processing.

Any suggestions? Any help much appreciated thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: newbie trying out dbPoweramp, problem converting wav to alac

>does not remove the original file (that option is checked on)

Which option have you enabled?

The wave files how big are they?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Vansouthpaw
      • Oct 2013

I figured part of this out...hadn't downloaded the DSP effects, so once I installed that it worked as expected.

However, this brought up another problem...I want to import the converted files into iTunes (against my better judgement, natch) but it appears they need to be tagged in some way that dbP doesn't do.

Anyone have experience with this?

Originally posted by Spoon
      >does not remove the original file (that option is checked on)

Which option have you enabled?

The wave files how big are they?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you right click on a Apple Lossless File >> Edit id tags, do tags show correctly?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BrodyBoy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Vansouthpaw
          I figured part of this out...hadn't downloaded the DSP effects, so once I installed that it worked as expected.

However, this brought up another problem...I want to import the converted files into iTunes (against my better judgement, natch) but it appears they need to be tagged in some way that dbP doesn't do.

Anyone have experience with this?
          I create ALAC files with dBp and add them to my iTunes library all the time. Never had any issues.

Can you be more specific about the error message or whatever you're getting? (Also, when you say "import," what exactly do you mean.....just adding files/folders to the iTunes library, having iTunes create a new version....something else?)

Comment

Working...

]]>