title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music converter feature request

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ac16161
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2012

Music converter feature request

I love dBpoweramp music converter, and really rely on it. I'm experimenting with the new AAC encoder and all is going well. However, with more and more 24-bit and 96/88.2 material being added to my collection, the ability to quickly set the target frequency would be extremely useful. I find some mobile devices are much more resiliant than others when it comes to dealing with the nominal frequency so I have to dip in and out of the Resampler DSP settings all the time when converting, and that's a bit of a pain. For example, with my iDevices, I can convert just about anything to AAC with no DSP turned on and my iPhone/Pod will play the AAC file just fine. The Samsung Galaxy phone we have falls over straight away though if the frequency DSP has not been set to 48/44.1. Some might suggest short-circuiting this by converting directly to MP3, but the option of 512kbs AAC via the new encoder really appeals. It would be very handy if the interface to the converter could have some common re-sample targets easily selectable with radio buttons without having to add a DSP, e.g. always convert 192/96 to 48, always convert 176.4/88.2 to 44.1. Regardless of encoder used, the ability to select target frequency much more directly would I think be a great enhancement.

Whether or not this is possible, dBpoweramp is still a fantastic product, thanks for the continued support.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Music converter feature request

We tend to not offer this on each encoder as people always get stuck and ask what frequency to set, the wave encoder is the exception as it is often used as a go between for some people.

Setting always to 44.1KHz is the best option for the portable players, the resampler produces similar results without being a multiple of the higher frequency (ie 176 >> 48 or 44.1 are similar because of the type of resampler employed, as everything is shifted into the time domain, adjusted then shifted back).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>