title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

What is a best way to add ReplayGain tags to a large collection of music files?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saiyan
    • Dec 2010

What is a best way to add ReplayGain tags to a large collection of music files?

I would like to know what is the best and quickest way to add ReplayGain tags (both track and album gain) to my music files which are located in various sub-folders by artists and album names.

I tried the Batch Converter, enabled ReplayGain DSP to use Album ID to identify music of "same album", selected files from a specific folder and do a FLAC to FLAC conversion. The result seems to be promising.

How will album gains be calculated if pick a parent directory and let Batch Converter "convert" all files in all sub folders?

Will the DSP incorrectly lump files of same Album ID but located in different sub-folders (because they either are some special re-release or belong to different artist) and calculate album gain based on all those files?

Or should I set the DSP to use folder as an album identifier instead.

Also is there any bug in the R128 gain calculation?

In another thread (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...-Gain-and-R128), Spoon mentioned "possible" bug.
    Also the Utility Codec for ReplayGain with R128 apparently is still in beta testing but the DSP version is available in R14.4 release.

Just curious if I should just use the regular ReplayGain or R128.

Any information would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: What is a best way to add ReplayGain tags to a large collection of music files?

Visit codec central above and install the utility codec [Replay Gain], then batch convert all the files to this 'encoder'.

I cannot comment on the bug as it is only a possible bug, we have not looked into it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>