title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting FLAC to mp3s and losing tag info.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boneshj
    • May 2013

Converting FLAC to mp3s and losing tag info.

I recently upgraded my computer to Windows 7 and just tried my first batch convert of FLAC files and noticed it's not mapping the lyric field to the new mp3 file. It always had previously, and it is a feature I can't live without as I've spent years of time filling in the lyrics field in the source FLAC fields, if I have to manually do it now, that will be quite frustrating. I understand there was an issue with this in 14.3, but I am using 14.4.

While I'm at it, I've never been successful at keeping certain fields in the past. In particular the Grouping and Category fields. Is there any pointers out there to help me out.

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Converting FLAC to mp3s and losing tag info.

Right click on the mp3 >> Edit ID Tags

it is likely the fields are all there, just needing mapping to different fields depending on your player.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• boneshj
      • May 2013

It's there, but in a format that my tagging editor can't read nor can itunes. Using MusicBee the tag code shows to be TXXX\Lyrics rather than uslt\eng. However, the files i previously encoded all stored it in uslt\eng. Any chance this can be fixed or any pointers how to map it myself. I tried mapping Lyrics to uslt\eng, and it didn't help as created a a new custom field of TXXX\uslt\eng.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Map to:

Unsynced Lyrics
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>