title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to maintain file date when adding Replay Gain

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chinablues
    • May 2013

How to maintain file date when adding Replay Gain

I like to keep my music files in date of purchase, ripping or downloading. Thus 'new' music will be music recently purchased/downloaded etc. When I run Replay Gain the app resets the file date back to the date/time of applying the Replay Gain function. This is extremely annoying and prevents me from running Replay Gain (and maybe other converters) on my music library as everything will be converted to todays date & time.....

Anyway of setting the application to keep the original date & time??

danb
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: How to maintain file date when adding Replay Gain

Sorry there is no way

Comment

• chinablues
      • May 2013

That's a big pity. In my view it seriously limits the application of some of the functions as I would not wish to run on existing (older) files. Maybe can include as consideration for future update. Like Tag&Rename has the option "Don't change file time-stamp on saving tags"..

Danb

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

We have the wishlist section of the forum.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by chinablues
          I like to keep my music files in date of purchase, ripping or downloading.
          I'm not sure, but I think dBpoweramp only updates the modified date, which is to be expected. Created date remains untouched. Why not use the created date?

Also, MP3Tag has access to the modified and created dates, (_file_mod_datetime and _file_create_datetime). You could store these dates in custom tags before editing in dBpoweramp.

Comment

Working...

]]>