title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ReplayGain applied in "Convering to" Option

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • afljr
    • Jul 2010

ReplayGain applied in "Convering to" Option

Hello,
    my collection consists of FLAC, mp3, and aac, all mostly encoded using dBpoweramp. I have some aac files that were encoded in Winamp - some CBR using their Coding Tech aac encoder and some VBR using their Frauhofer aac encoder. These aac files have no ReplayGain values in their tags ... and for purposes of consistency, I wanted to add dBpoweramp ReplayGain to the Winamp files ... so I used dBpoweramp Music Converter, Converter set to ReplayGain.

After adding ReplayGain to these aac, the files are no longer recognized by my player. Prior to adding ReplayGain, the files were recognized and played without issue. I'm pretty sure that the Winamp aac tags (Apple iTunes) are the same type that Nero aac uses in dBpoweramp.

Introducing the ReplayGain values to these tags must have done something to the tags that renders them unrecognizable.

The converting to ReplayGain option is pretty straightforward and there really aren't any settings to play with. Is there anything else that I can do to fix this situation or is dBpoweramp ReplayGain just not compatible with these file because of the source?

I've played around with this, taking some mp3 files encoded in Winamp (Lame 3.98), and running them through the dmc replaygain ... these files are recognized and play without issue. So I assume that it has something to do with how the replaygain values reside in the mp4/m4a tags.

Any suggestions or explanation for what's happening here?

Thanks
    TL
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ReplayGain applied in "Convering to" Option

Do you have iTunes that you can check out the m4a files? or foobar?

Do you use R14.4 of dbpoweramp?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>