title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AAC Conversion NOT calling toaac.bat file [afterencoderun]

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hammerfist44
    • Apr 2013

AAC Conversion NOT calling toaac.bat file [afterencoderun]

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem.
    Encoding any audio file into AAC using the AAC (Advanced Audio Compression) option always oputs two files:
    1) ZXEVAR~1.AAC.tmp
    2) Youmakeupaname.acc

The first file actually has a size which should be correct with the final output file.
    The second file has a size of 0 bytes.

My guess is that the toacc.bat is NOT being called at the end of the encoding process. Otherwise the toaac.bat should at least execute the command on line 2:
    (del %1.tmp) which would delete the temp file at least.

MAYBE:
    Encoder.txt within the "Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)" Folder.

[afterencoderun]
    toaac.bat
    [outfile]

I don't know how to check further into the execution path for toaac.bat the Encoder.txt, so that's all I got.
    Any Ideas??

Just FYI I am currently using dBpoweramp v14.4 with all codecs needed and up-to-date.
    Last edited by hammerfist44; April 16, 2013, 12:45 PM.
  • hammerfist44
    • Apr 2013

Re: AAC Conversion NOT calling toaac.bat file [afterencoderun]

Sorry about replying to myself but what else to do at midnight by yourself?
    Just thought of one more clue that may help.

The two files that are created:
    1) ZXEVAR~1.AAC.tmp
    2) Youmakeupaname.acc

The second file is created at the start of the encode along with the first. I am guessing with logic here that the second file shouldn't be created until the end of the encode when the first file (temp) has been completed. Maybe the toaac.bat is being called too early for some reason?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Normally the 'aac Nero (m4a)' would be used, as .aac have no ID Tags.

Is there a reason to create .aac files?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hammerfist44
        • Apr 2013

Hey thanks for replying.
        No there is no reason for converting to .aac files and I understand there is no ID Tags now that you have mentioned it.
        I have just rewrote the toaac.bat file by replacing the variables with the path of the temp file and ran it manually and got the result I was after.
        eg
        "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\mp4creator.exe" -extract=1 ZXEVAR~1.AAC.tmp new.aac
        So all I was wondering is how come the toaac.bat file isn't being executed. Just trying to find an answer really. Just not experienced enough to figure it out. I thought it might have been something simple.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Do you have any security software which might block the batch file from running?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hammerfist44
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
            Do you have any security software which might block the batch file from running?
            Yes I do and just tested the conversion with all security software turned off and no go, still the same problem.

I did some more testing: (Win 7 x64)
            I created a .bat file in the "Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\" folder. Renamed the original toaac.bat to toaac_original.bat, then just made a new toaac.bat with this line only - (calc). Now when the conversion is finished the calculator loads which indicates that the toaac.bat is being called correctly.
            That's all I have so far. I hope this helps.

Comment

• hammerfist44
              • Apr 2013

This maybe be the problem. Neroaacenc.exe is the ecoder that processes the input file, where as the toaac.bat file;

mp4creator.exe -extract=1 %1.tmp %1
              del %1.tmp

is using mp4creator.exe which is trying to extract a file, via a variable, which it didn't create so it wouldn't find it unless the path to the output file created by Neroaacenc.exe was specified.

Comment

Working...

]]>