title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp3 to wma conversion error with Rio600

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

mp3 to wma conversion error with Rio600

I have a Rio600 that has wma compatability. I want to send mp3 files to the player as converted wma files. I have all the proper codecs installed (wmav9), and can send them to the Rio by first converting the mp3 to wma files, then sending it to the Rio as the wma file. I would like to elminate that step in converting a separate wma file by just using the dMC to do that, but when I try I get an error message saying: The CODEC required to compress 'filename.IGNORE' could not be opened. Unable to send file to portable player. PLease check connection and player has free memory. THe player has memory available and connection is fine. Please help Spoon, you're the man.
  • Unregistered

forgot to add that after you press Close on the error message window a window pops up saying music converter has cause in error in <unknown>. Musicconverter will now close.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

How long have you been using Sveta? there have recently been new specific drivers for the Rio range (uninstall the Sveta WMD first), also a new Sveta Release 4 is in beta that helps with WMA.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

The 30 day Power Pack ended a few weeks ago, and I bought the registered PowerPack last night. I'll do what you suggest and let you know. Thanks a lot.

Comment

• Unregistered

Alright Spoon, I fixed that problem. Here's what I did. I removed the Sveta WMD, downloaded then installed the latest Sveta Rio driver. Then i installed the Sveta Release 4 Beta 2 version, that also comes with the latest music converter beta. So I can now successfully convert a mp3 into a WMA and send it to my Rio. Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Cool
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>