title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Using dbPoweramp to convert .wav files WITH metadate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OldSnowMan
    • Mar 2013

Using dbPoweramp to convert .wav files WITH metadate

I unfortunately ripped about 500 gig of my cd collection, in the .wav format. I am now limited to using the same computer which I used to rip the orginals, and if I try to move the music or back it all up on a seperate remote hard drive, I loose the metadata. Eventually this computer will crash and I will be screwed. I have been dealing with this for over a year.

Does the current version of the dbPoweramp converter, work with my .wav files and folders? Ideally it would work directly with my files.

Alternatively I have heard that I can convert all of my .wav files to AIFF and the meta data will follow? I tried a few and did not succeed, but perhaps I have to use iTunes for the AIFF.

I am more than happy to buy dbPowerAmp or Jriver IF either will work. I know I can free trials, but I do not want to go there unless this very common and basic problem is addressed.

thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Using dbPoweramp to convert .wav files WITH metadate

It depends on what created the wave files, it could be Windows Media Player holds the metadata internally and not in the files.

If the metadata is in the wave files they can be converted with metadata to any other format.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• OldSnowMan
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      It depends on what created the wave files, it could be Windows Media Player holds the metadata internally and not in the files.

If the metadata is in the wave files they can be converted with metadata to any other format.
      "Sorry I forgot to mention that I used Windows Media Player, ver 11 and I play the files using WMP11 as well. In the past, it is my understanding that the meta data is not imbedded in the individual files when ripping in WMP. The metadata is in a separate folder, and you lose the linkage when moving or backing up files. Too avoid amassing 500 albums in the Unkown area, I never move my laptop server, and never boot up without the Music Server hooked up to the computer.

The sales manager of MacIntosh told me that I could convert to either FLAC or AIFF and that the meta data would attach( or perhaps seek new artwork on the web??"

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If the metadata is not embedded then dBpoweramp will not preserve it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>