title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

batch converter different number of files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoursemr
    • Mar 2013

batch converter different number of files

hi there. i absolutely love dBpoweramp and purchased last week after only two days of the trial. could someone please tell me what i am missing as i have ran the batch converter twice to a new folder (once retaining file structure and once just to an empty folder) and both times have come up 9 and 1 mp3 less than the total number of flac files. i have also went back and reran it again and told it to skip existing files and no new files are created. i ran a file search *.flac shows 1,150 files and a *.mp3 search shows 1,149. am i missing anything?
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: batch converter different number of files

Perhaps your file Ning have 2 tracks overwriting each other, for example on some albums the same track FileMaker appears on other albums.

Comment

• hoursemr
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
      Perhaps your file Ning have 2 tracks overwriting each other, for example on some albums the same track FileMaker appears on other albums.
      this seemed to be the case on the first batch of files. i just ran on a new batch today and also came up 9 files off. 2 were due to "intro" by the same band but no reason for the other 7. weird.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by hoursemr
        this seemed to be the case on the first batch of files. i just ran on a new batch today and also came up 9 files off. 2 were due to "intro" by the same band but no reason for the other 7. weird.
        Were the two "intro" tracks within the same album? Why not rip albums into separate subdirectories? Then when batch converting allow them to retain the same directory structure (e.g., ARTIST/ALBUM/Tracks....

Comment

• hoursemr
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by garym
          Were the two "intro" tracks within the same album? Why not rip albums into separate subdirectories? Then when batch converting allow them to retain the same directory structure (e.g., ARTIST/ALBUM/Tracks....
          no different albums same artist. i didnt worry about subdirectories for the mp3s because i moved them into itunes but yes it looks like that is what is causing the issue. i will try it in sub directories.

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

no different albums same artist. i didnt worry about subdirectories for the mp3s because i moved them into itunes but yes it looks like that is what is causing the issue. i will try it in sub directories.
            yep, much better to have separate album subdirectories under ARTIST. For my lossy files I use:

e:\music\lossyfiles\ARTIST\ALBUM\tracks....

Comment

• hoursemr
              • Mar 2013

yep, much better to have separate album subdirectories under ARTIST. For my lossy files I use:

e:\music\lossyfiles\ARTIST\ALBUM\tracks....
              i have all the flac files in subdirectories just like yours just not when i convert to mp3 since i then move them into itunes and the flac files are archived.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

i have all the flac files in subdirectories just like yours just not when i convert to mp3 since i then move them into itunes and the flac files are archived.
                but it's easy to tell the mp3 conversion to maintain the same directory/subdirectory structure when converting. For my lossy files, the structure stays the same, then I move them over to itunes....

Comment

• hoursemr
                  • Mar 2013

but it's easy to tell the mp3 conversion to maintain the same directory/subdirectory structure when converting. For my lossy files, the structure stays the same, then I move them over to itunes....
                  i am going to do that in my next batch. thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>