title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID Tag Processing DSP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

ID Tag Processing DSP

I'm using the ID Tag Processing DSP when converting my flac files to mp3 to reduce the album art size for use in my mp3 player.

On original conversion, maximum pixel size was set to 275x275 pixels, maximum file size 70KB. This resulted in artwork too large for my mp3 player so I reduced the pixel size to 250x250 pixels and converted again.

Can you explain why on the second conversion, some of the artwork file size is larger than the original conversion even though pixel size is reduced from 275x275 to 250x250?

• dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: ID Tag Processing DSP

Jpg has 2 setting which affect file size, resolution and quality. If previously you used a max file size the quality would reduce to match required max file size.

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by mrspoonsi
      Jpg has 2 setting which affect file size, resolution and quality. If previously you used a max file size the quality would reduce to match required max file size.
      1st conversion:
      maximum pixel size = 275x275 pixels
      maximum file size = 70KB

2nd conversion:
      maximum pixel size = 250x250 pixels
      maximum file size = 70KB

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Reducing the quality is can drop the file size, so the larger pixel size, might have been 75KB and then with reduced quality drops to 50KB
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
          Reducing the quality is can drop the file size, so the larger pixel size, might have been 75KB and then with reduced quality drops to 50KB
          The source artwork files are the same for each conversion.

The question is why when converting to 250x250 the file size is larger than when converting to 275x275?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The source is the same, but compression factor used (this is the quality setting) is varied internally.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>