title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Covert mixed library to MP3 for use in Car

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltaire
    • Feb 2013

Covert mixed library to MP3 for use in Car

I have a Large (600+ album) music library

There are two format used M4A (apple lossless) and MP3 files (from various sources - Amazon etc)

The Library is arranged

<>:\music\*compilations
    <>:\music\*military
    <>:\music\*tranquil
    etc
    <>:\music\a - (All artists starting with A)
    <>:\music\z - (All artists starting with Z)

Now I have a new car and it won't take M4A but will take MP3 HQ Variable (SD Cards), I tried converting the library

First attempt - using tags hit a problem with the compilations. I want these to remain in the original folder

I think I have cracked it with dynamic [orgpath]\[orig filename] - any one confirm?

However I don't want to convert 160kps mp3 -> variable as I'm guessing that I'll loose quality? Is there any way to tell the system to copy not convert?

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Covert mixed library to MP3 for use in Car

There is no way to tell dBpoweramp to copy and not convert a certain file type, your best bet would be to duplicate your entire music, then in batch converter filter to just m4a and use the DSP effect 'delete source file' (make sure you have your music library somewhere else, as this option will delete the m4a files after conversion). The mp3 would not be converted.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Voltaire
      • Feb 2013

Re: Covert mixed library to MP3 for use in Car

Thanks but at 600+ GB space is at a premium - I think I'll let it run as the bulk is Apple lossless

Comment

Working...

]]>