title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

'convert to' context menu handler

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dcbahr
    • Mar 2011

'convert to' context menu handler

Hi, how does the 'convert to' option in the context menu of the shell operate? what registry key is it under and what dlls does it use? In short, how does it tell dbpoweramp to convert a given selection of files that are in different folders?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: 'convert to' context menu handler

It does not use registry entries (such as other programs), it is a Windows Shell Com object which problematically inserts the menu item.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dcbahr
      • Mar 2011

Ok, that's good to know. Is there a way to envoke the object on files outside of the shell menu option? As in, can I give it a command to check drive E for mp3s with a bitrate greater than 128k? Because the shell menu gets confused when I put more than 20 files in to it to convert them, actually I'm using the xplorer alternative to the standard windows explorer. but the List option in the batch converter isn't really accessible with my screen reader unless I want to uncheck some 14000 checkboxes by hand. So it would be nice to be able to pass a command like that to bring up all the files over a certain bitrate to convert. does that make sense?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Sadly there is not.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• radek1980
          • Feb 2013

It depends on the iso - you can make an iso of a bootable disk and you can make an iso of a storage disk. If the iso was made of a bootable disk, the disk you make from the iso will be bootable.

Comment

Working...

]]>