title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Context menu batch convert on Windows 8 - cannot select more than a few folders?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sizetwo
    • Jun 2008

Context menu batch convert on Windows 8 - cannot select more than a few folders?

Windows 8, dbpoweramp 14.3.

When I multiselect (in Total Commander) too many folders to do a conversion of (as in folders containing albums), the context menu for batch convert disappears. If I deselect a folder it returns (regardless of which folder I deselect and choose another one) - which is quite strange. If I then proceed to do a batch convert of the selected folders, it starts up a new batch converter for each individual folder, instead of selecting the folders to do a conversion of. All folders selected are contained within the same root folder. This is quite an issue - as its a pain having to go through the folders in dbpoweramp and select all folders as I cannot sort the view by date (which would yield the latest ripped albums first). Any help on this?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Context menu batch convert on Windows 8 - cannot select more than a few folders?

It will be Total Commander which decides to put that menu there or not.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sizetwo
      • Jun 2008

Re: Context menu batch convert on Windows 8 - cannot select more than a few folders?

Unfortunatelly the same happens when I use Windows Explorer - it does not seem to be isolated to Total Commander.

It seems that 16 folders is fine - 17 is not. However, I still dont understand why each subolder creates a new instance of dbpoweramp, surely this is not meant to happen or am I doing something wrong?
      Last edited by sizetwo; January 08, 2013, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The batch convert was only designed to be used on one folder at a time, to multi-select folders, open batch converter first.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sizetwo
          • Jun 2008

Oh - thats a shame. If I could suggest the option to be able to multi-select the folders from explorer for batch converting this would be awesome. Or is there an other way of doing this?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

There is the wishlist section of this forum.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sizetwo
              • Jun 2008

Ok thanks - I will look into that. On a sidenote, I have seen people having issues with Lame stopping during encoding - this has happen twice in a row for me now. I have a batch of about 5000 songs converting from FLAC to mp3 - and it seems during the process that one or more of the threads (4 cores) will halt during the encoding process. The first time, when I woke up after a night of encoding, only one was still going. this morning, two of the Lame processes had died (when looking in the process information in Windows it was using 0% CPU time, and the progress bar in the encoder window had stopped moving). Any solution to this? I have to manually end the Lame processes that have stopped after the encoding with the remaining processes.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

We normally see this happen when encoding over the network (and the error is a network one, rather than encoder)
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sizetwo
                  • Jun 2008

This is correct - its encoding to a NAS box. Any workaround here or should I encode locally and move the files afterwards instead?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Encode locally, as the 'error' is actually in the filesystem which blocks the whole program (at an operating system level).
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>