title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Select Ogg Vorbis file crashes Explorer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Select Ogg Vorbis file crashes Explorer

When selecting certain Ogg Vorbis files, Windows Explorer crashes. Is this because of the Ogg Vorbis codec's tag reader?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Yes most probbably. The newer versions of dMC (from Release 9 onwards) it should be 'GetPopupinfo' that crashes, rather than explorer, not ideal but better than bringing windows down.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ~NM~

.. And other problems with selecting files

[Thanks for the reply!]

Actually, I am quite sure that I'm running dMC 9a (don't know how to check).

Okay, I just found out something really weird. Explorer crashes on certain files, and the GetPopupInfo crashes on some other files.

Another thing is that Explorer crashes after renaming an OGG file... Is it because of long filenames??
      For example, this crashes Explorer: "C:\2003-07-15-Tue - 11-15-44 - 2003-07-15-Tue - 11-19-03 (Me Doing A Dictation To Test Ogg Speex Speech Codec).ogg"
      BUT renaming the same file to "C:\abc.ogg" doesn't crash Explorer!

[BTW, I crashed explorer ~5 times just to write this! >=( ]

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Which Windows version? I just created a ogg file with that above name, no crashes.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: Select Ogg Vorbis file crashes Explorer

Interesting. I'm experiancing the same problem renaming an MPG file. Same thing, I'm trying to remove a dash from the name, and explorer crashes.

Comment

Working...

]]>