title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Shell Integration / Context Menus Missing on Windows 7 x64 (Ref 14.3)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Recognizer2.0
    • Jan 2010

Shell Integration / Context Menus Missing on Windows 7 x64 (Ref 14.3)

I was recently having some hard drive issues, and did a clean install of Windows 7 x64 on a new hard drive. I've loaded all the same programs that were on my prior Windows 7 install (except both Comodo Firewall and Kaspersky Antivirus are updated versions). I am using dBpoweramp Ref 14.3.

I cannot get the context menus to show up. Using right click to fix/update/revise the tags for my music (and to convert files) was a feature I used often.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing dBpoweramp (even tried doing so with the "totally clear dBpoweramp from system tool"). I have even put the UAC Windows settings to "Never Notify" for the re-installs.

I have tried disabling and re-enabling context menus through the dBpoweramp configurator.

I have tried disabling all non-Microsoft context menus (Shellex View).

The music info pop-up window works, but I can't get the context menus to work.

Any ideas what I can try next?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Shell Integration / Context Menus Missing on Windows 7 x64 (Ref 14.3)

Possibly your security software is blocking it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Recognizer2.0
      • Jan 2010

Re: Shell Integration / Context Menus Missing on Windows 7 x64 (Ref 14.3)

I guess it should have been obvious. I did a clean install of dBpoweramp with both the firewall and antivirus disabled. Context menus are there. I've checked on a reboot and they are still there even with my antivirus/firewall enabled.

Looks like the interference was with installation only.

Comment

Working...

]]>