title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Update ID tags only - no music conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RadicalDad
    • Jan 2011

Update ID tags only - no music conversion

I'm sure the instructions are here somewhere, but I can't find them on the forum or figure out how to do this. I would like to batch update several ID tags. Artist name, album name, and genere are wrong in about 140 tracks spread across 5 albums. This is an instructional program, not someting I ripped. No need to convert the MP3 or re-encode it. It is not clear how I do this as it appears I must re-encode the MP3 to get new ID3 tags.

Also I would like to replace the tags listed above with all new text. The only way I can figure out to this is to delete the tag and then add it with the new text. Can I do this all in the same operation or should I delete tags first, then go back and add them?

Thanks for assistance.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Update ID tags only - no music conversion

Browse to the file(s), right click on one or all, and Edit Id Tags.

Here the tag values can be edited.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• RadicalDad
      • Jan 2011

Ah, didn't think I could do that. Basically what you are saying is that I can select multiple files, right-click on all of them at once, then edit the common ID tags to be what I want. No need for the batch conversion program at all. Easy! Thanks!

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes, something like an album title, you can change 20 file at once.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>