title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Source filename as tag in destination

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scbash
    • Sep 2007

Source filename as tag in destination

Hi all-

When I do a batch conversion with dynamic naming, can I create a tag in the new file that contains the original (source) filename? I'm currently using R13.1.

The motivation for this is my music library is split across many folders with inconsistent naming schemes. When I convert the library for use on my smart phone (HE-AAC v2), I use dynamic naming to clean up the directory tree for easier browsing on the phone (less of an issue now as players have gotten better, but a few years ago it made life a lot easier). That means if I make a playlist I like while I'm on the go, it's really a pain to translate that back for use at home (because of the different directory structure). With the original filename in a tag in each AAC file translating back would be a fairly simple script operation.

Any suggestions (that avoid reorganizing the entire library) are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Stephen
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Source filename as tag in destination

Try ID Tag processing DSP and add a rule based manipulation:

IF SomeTag=
    SET SomeTag=[tag]origpath[][tag]origfilename[]
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• scbash
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
      Try ID Tag processing DSP and add a rule based manipulation:

IF SomeTag=
      SET SomeTag=[tag]origpath[][tag]origfilename[]
      Thanks for the suggestion. Doesn't work for me, but does remind me I could just add a tag to the original files and copy it through the conversion... I'd prefer an automated solution, so if this *should* work and I'm just not doing it right, I'm happy to listen to further suggestions. I tried both
      Code:
      IF MyFile=
      SET MyFile=[tag]origpath[][tag]origfilename[]
      and
      Code:
      IF MyFile=
      SET MyFile=[origpath][origfilename]
      but neither expanded to anything. I did test a few simple rules just to make sure the DSP was working, and all those succeeded.

Thanks,
      Stephen

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If this does not work, then sorry we do not support it.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• scbash
          • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
          If this does not work, then sorry we do not support it.
          Eureka! Run External Command works It appears (at least in 13.1) that [infilelong] is still defined during "After Conversion" runs, so I can use that to add the desired tag.

Thanks for your help.

Stephen

Comment

Working...

]]>