title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rewriting MP3 Tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kweller
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Rewriting MP3 Tag

When did dAP start rewriting the ID3 tag automatically?

I thought it only rewrote the MP3 tag if I asked it to by right-clicking, selecting Advanced then Re-write ID tag but whenever I add a genre to a track I find the ID3 tag has been updated automatically which is a bit of a PITA.

(Edit: Sorry, just realised I've posted this in the dMC forum rather than dAP but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to delete it).

Kevin
    Last edited by kweller; July 14, 2003, 05:43 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Since the very first beta version
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kweller
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Spoon
      Since the very first beta version
      Oh! I'm tempted to ask if you're sure but you ought to be!

Hmm, perhaps it's a recent change I've done...if a track has two genres in the database is it the first one that gets written to the tag on the file? If the answer is "Yes" that explains why, having recently prefixed my NJB3 and Zen tag names with ! so they're quicker to access they are now being written to the tag when they didn't used to be.

Kevin

Comment

• kweller
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by kweller
        if a track has two genres in the database is it the first one that gets written to the tag on the file?
        I've come to the conclusion that is the case. With that in mind I've been trying to create genres that I can use as tags for 'This is a track I want to be downloaded to my Zen/NJB3'. I want these genres to be at the very end of the list so there's no chance they get written to the tag but I can't follow the genre collating sequence. ^ ought to appear after Z so ^Zen and ^NJB3 ought to appear at the end of the list but they appear first... :confused:

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Try this, for those tracks, select them all - and remove all genres, then set the genre you want to go out, click OK, then edit once more and select the other genre.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kweller
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Spoon
            Try this, for those tracks, select them all - and remove all genres, then set the genre you want to go out, click OK, then edit once more and select the other genre.
            Thanks Spoon but it's not as simple as that unfortunately. For both categories there are thousands of tracks with a mixture of genres.

I set up two genres called zZen and zNJB3 in the end and added them to the appropriate tracks which seems to be doing the trick.

Kevin

Comment

Working...

]]>