title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

album art on ogg

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • daha2002
    • Aug 2010

album art on ogg

I did a quick search but couldnt find anything on it.

I have all my music library in .ogg vbr -q0.5, and had an old sandisk sansa wich played them perfectly.

Im a bit ocd with my music so now i have a brand new android phone and want to use it as my main music player, but i cannot find a way to embed album art images into the files. Having those android default covers in my music player really gets me down (after spending all this time making sure my music is perfect).

So... any ideas?

I've heard of base64 encoding in the header but... i think that is a monumental waste of resources and a lot of work for the decoder and could seriously hurt battery life.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: album art on ogg

Try folder.jpg?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• negjay
      • Sep 2012

folder.jpg may work with some Androids, the manufacturers can change whatever they want. Some player software is also flexible enough to figure it out. The actual standard for Android (and no, this isn't anywhere in their documentation) is 'albumart.jpg', capitalization irrelevant. This is the best one to use because any other filename on the images will make the album's folder turn up in the default image gallery program, which with 10Gb of albums will turn your gallery into a huge mess.

If your archive already has a consistent scheme batch-renaming the cover art should be trivial.

As an aside, in my experience I believe PowerAmp and PlayerPro are the two best music player apps for Android.

Comment

• daha2002
        • Aug 2010

nope, no luck with folder.jpg (had to rearrange music since its all in one folder).

i guess theres no workaround, ill learn how to live with it

Comment

Working...

]]>