title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting FLAC to AAC - WTF?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DireWolf
    • May 2012

Converting FLAC to AAC - WTF?

The reason I purchased dbpoweramp music converter is because it claims to convert amongst many different file types. Now that I have ripped my CD collection to FLAC, I now want to convert the FLAC files to AAC.

Apparently dbpoweramp can't handle this task. I downloaded the 4 codecs that were required. Now it's asking me to download some codec from a third party company called Nero... and the link is broken!

This music converter is not as advertised if you have to use third party codecs... especially when the links to those codecs are broken.

Very disappointing. If anyone has successfully converted FLAC to AAC, I would appreciate some insight. Thank you.
  • dbfan
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jan 2011

Re: Converting FLAC to AAC - WTF?

There are 2 nero links in the help file, one works as far as i know

Comment

• eaglescout1998
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2009

Yes, you need to download the actual encoder. I am not sure why neroAacEnc.exe isn't included in the package. My guess would be some sort of licensing issue. But the file can be downloaded here:

Nero Platinum - Nero is the leading provider of premium software for the multimedia experience. We make burning, streaming, editing more convenient and easier. Start your free trial today!

Comment

• DireWolf
        • May 2012

Originally posted by eaglescout1998
        Yes, you need to download the actual encoder. I am not sure why neroAacEnc.exe isn't included in the package. My guess would be some sort of licensing issue. But the file can be downloaded here:

http://www.nero.com/eng/downloads-ne...-aac-codec.php
        Thank you for the link.

I was able to use the Nero codec to convert FLAC to AAC...however, the AAC files are not recognized by iTunes... so I can't play them on my iPod.

Anyone else have that problem?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You need to convert to 'm4a Nero (AAC)', which is an AAC file in a m4a container.

If you have installed the 'raw' .aac codec 'AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)', iTunes would not read that file type.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>