title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Freedb Database

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thane
    • Oct 2002

Freedb Database

I am having problems with dmc getting track information from Freedb Database. The program tries to connect and says connecting then I get a error message saying it could not connect to freedb database, check internet connection. It was working fine and I just installed the update to see if that would help. I even tried turning off my firewall, that did nothing also. My net connection is working fine. So thats not it. I would like to know how to fix this issue. I use this program all the time and I really hate having to use an alternate program.
  • nyleenho
    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Thane
    I am having problems with dmc getting track information from Freedb Database. The program tries to connect and says connecting then I get a error message saying it could not connect to freedb database, check internet connection. It was working fine and I just installed the update to see if that would help. I even tried turning off my firewall, that did nothing also. My net connection is working fine. So thats not it. I would like to know how to fix this issue. I use this program all the time and I really hate having to use an alternate program.
    I have today the same problem; after succesfully loading track info for 2 CD's it suddenly failed.

Comment

• Thane
      • Oct 2002

Fixed this won't connect to server problem finally.

Originally posted by nyleenho
      I have today the same problem; after succesfully loading track info for 2 CD's it suddenly failed.
      I have been able to fix the problem. For some reason, the random server it connects to won't work. So I changed it to connect to a specific server here in the USA.

I clicked the Options button, then in the field that says freedb server I changed it to us.freedb.org and now it's fine. You also may want to upgrade your db music converter. It had a upgrade put out recently I found too. But the upgrade won't fix this, at least not alone. But try putting in us.freedb.org the field that is freedb server under the Options button.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I think it is only a temp problem, freedb.freedb.org seems to work for me now.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>