title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Location of debug log?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michaelk
    • Feb 2011

Location of debug log?

When the debug option is enabled on the configuration panel for Music Converter, where is the output logged? When I select the debug option and run dMC, I must be overlooking where the file is.

Thanks,

Mike
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Location of debug log?

It is a temporary file, which is deleted after it is shown in Notepad (when the program quits).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• michaelk
      • Feb 2011

Thanks for clarifying. I'm not getting any sort of text file displayed in Notepad or any other text editor when I've enabled debugging. Where should I start investigating? I'm on Win7 64-bit, Notepad is registered to open *.txt and *.log files.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Be aware the debug log self switches off after 1 conversion.

Try this, enable debugging, open CD ripper, then close CD ripper, you should see the log.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• michaelk
          • Feb 2011

No joy. I open the config program, enable debugging, close the config program, open the CD ripper, and close the CD ripper. No tmp file is opened up for viewing.

Note that all this is happening within my standard user account. I realized that whenever I open the config program, I get a Windows UAC prompt. It occurred to me to try all this in an administrator account in case permissions issues are causing the problem.

It mostly works as expected in the administrator account. The tmp file is displayed with all the log information. However, one unexpected behavior remains. The debug option is never cleared automatically--it stays checked.

What would you recommend as the next step(s)?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Ah yes, you need an elevated account.

The clearing is done from the Converter not CD Ripper.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>