title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converter does not make albums like original flac albums

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sossity
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2010

converter does not make albums like original flac albums

I have a flac album, by Bob Marley and the Wailers. I have the artist fields as Bob Marley; Wailers, The, & when converting to mp3 the converter just names to Bob Marley, it leaves out my original naming way in the file name field.

Is there a way to get the converter to keep my artist name structure?

it also leaves out complete dates in the year field, for example, a ripped flac album has 1990 05 31 in the year field, but when I convert it to mp3, it just keeps the year, & leaves out the other parts, so the converter just keeps 1990.
    Last edited by Sossity; June 11, 2012, 10:28 AM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: converter does not make albums like original flac albums

You have multiple artists, dBpoweramp will only use the first artist to name items. If the filenames + folders were already like you need, you can base your output naming on [origpath]

There is an advanced option for mp3 to keep the date (if I remember correctly), however it is not part of the mp3 tagging spec to write those.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sossity
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2010

do you know where I can access this option?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp Configuration >> codecs >> Advanced Options
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sossity
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jan 2010

I found a way for the converter to keep original file name structures of the individual tracks, with [origfilename], but I still cannot get it to also place these in the folder the same way I have my flac albums.

so my whole original naming method for flac is;

[artist] - [album]\[track] - [artist] - [title] this is what I use for my flac albums, how do I get the batch converter to keep this arrangement for converted mp3s?

Also, I went into codecs advanced options, & see the mp3 ID tagging, but dont see where I can set it to keep the whole year & date, where is this? I do see the option in the flac tagging, but not mp3. If I adjust the flac tagging to year & date, will the converted mp3 follow this?
          Last edited by Sossity; June 12, 2012, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

mp3 ID Tagging

'ID3v2 Allow MM DD with Year'

Use [origpath] which will use the original path
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Sossity
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Jan 2010

Apologies, but I still do not see where or how to do this, are there any screen shots on this? I am confused, I went into configuration, codecs advanced, & found mp3 tagging, the options I see are;

ID3v2 & ID3v1, Ape2 & ID3v1,Ape2, ID3v1, ID3v2, ID3v1-v1.1,1.0, IDv3-v2.3,2.2,2.21 I see all these in the 4 drop down options, do one of these have the year date option? I see nowhere for this, do the current versions of dbpoweramp have this? I have R14

do I have to create a command, I need more of a step by step explanation. I am a visual learner, & one word answers unfortunately do not help me.

I am getting a little frustrated, It does not seem like dbpoweramp has this capability, at least the version I have does not.

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

run the dbpoweramp configuration program (not the ripper itself)

1. once in this program, click the "Codecs" tab
                2. Then at the bottom of that screen select "Advanced Options"
                3. On next screen scroll down to "MP3 ID Tagging" section
                4. In this section, the last item is: ID3v2 Allow MM DD with Year. Set this to YES instead of NO

Comment

• Sossity
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Jan 2010

Mine is missing this, the last of the 4 items in the mp3 tagging list is ID3v2 text encoding, with a drop down of 2 choices; ANSI or Unicode-16.

there is nowhere in mine that has this, my mp3 tagging has these 4 options & drop downs;

Tag creation; ID3v1 & ID3v2
                  Ape2 & ID3v1
                  ID3v1
                  ID3v2

ID3v1; v1.0
                  v1.1

ID3v2; v2.3
                  v2.2
                  v2.21

ID3v2 Text encoding; ANSI
                  Unicode-16

I am not trying to be difficult, I followed & went to where the mp3 tagging was. There is absolutely nothing in this part for date & year, there is in the flac encoding tagging section, but not here in mp3 tagging.

Comment

• garym
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Nov 2007

hmmm. Very odd. I have the date/year option after the encoding in the list (last item). Try this, change the tag creation to ID3v2 only, version to ver. 2.3, and text encoding to UNICODE 16. These are all my options. Maybe the options you are choosing don't allow date/year setting that I'm seeing. At least as a test, try my settings and then restart the CONFIGURATION program and see if you see the date/year option.

p.s. I use the options I use because I find they work in mp3 files no matter where I use them.... And in my personal opinion, it is never a good idea to have both ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags in the same file. Causes headaches later on....

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Install R14.3 beta from the beta section.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>