title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch conversion problem, Please help.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • excasanut
    • May 2012

Batch conversion problem, Please help.

I just converted my entire library from ALAC and AAC recordings to FLAC and forgot to delete source file so no everything is double.
    Deleting all doubles manually for 2000 song+ will be a little too time consuming so I am looking for a quicker solution, any suggestions please?
    I am using itunes and plan on switching to Jriver at some point but that is step 2. I need flac because my media player does not read ALAC files.
    There is an other issue, when I deleted one ALAC file manually , itunes cannot locate the new flac file, even when I click on it. Any suggestions please?
    Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch conversion problem, Please help.

Firstly I would not convert aac to FLAC (you are converting lossy to lossless), you end up with the same lossy file which takes up 5x more space.

You can search in Windows explorer for *.m4a and delete that way.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2007

Re: Batch conversion problem, Please help.

Originally posted by excasanut
      I just converted my entire library from ALAC and AAC recordings to FLAC and forgot to delete source file so no everything is double.
      As Spoon says, it is quite nonsensical to convert AAC to FLAC.

Are you sure you have not deleted the originals? You can delete the FLACs and start over. Then do only convert the ALAC's.

Originally posted by excasanut
      There is an other issue, when I deleted one ALAC file manually , itunes cannot locate the new flac file, even when I click on it. Any suggestions please?
      Stop using iTunes? Apple – like Microsoft – tries to lock out competition. Seems you have to choose between iTunes and your media player which reads FLAC but not ALAC.

My media player of choice is foobar2000. It plays ALAC out of the box. If you want something simpler, then maybe the Boom player from the same author, is updated to handle ALAC too. http://perkele.cc/software/boom

Comment

Working...

]]>