title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

M4A-to-FLAC results in noise

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JerryElbow
    • May 2012

M4A-to-FLAC results in noise

I've got two albums worth of M4A files (which dbPowerAmp 13.5 identifies as Apple Lossless (ALAC) 96 kHz, 16 bit, encoded by X Lossless Decoder 20100123) that I'd like to convert to FLAC for playback on my media player (which doesn't support M4A. When I convert them with dbPowerAmp 13.5 using Apple Lossless codec Release 14, I get nothing but loud static. Is there a better code to use? I notice that iTunes identifies them as 96 kHz, 24 bit, not 96 kHz, 16 bit. Help! dbPowerAmp has never failed me like this before!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: M4A-to-FLAC results in noise

Yes the ALAC codec in the beta section of this forum, it uses Apples own code.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• JerryElbow
      • May 2012

Thank you, Spoon! I will give this a try when I get home tonight!

Comment

• JerryElbow
        • May 2012

I installed the latest ALAC codec from the beta section and have gotten the same results - nothing but loud static. It's almost as bad as listening to a DTS-encoded track without decoding it. Keep trying!

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

I believe XLD has encoded them with multiple file representations in the file (16 bit and 24 bit, this is an error on XLDs part as there is only a single stream).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>