title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DMC AUdio Input CD Crash

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ben

DMC AUdio Input CD Crash

Got an interesting one for you all. I have just installed DMC including the free power pack trial (I am on day 3)Its ripped about 5 of my cd's no prbs, then suddenly comes up with the following error...on loading
    "The Table of Contents appears to be damaged, would you like to repair it by reentering track length" The first time this appeared I clicked yes..I then recieved the message that a "CDGrab.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."
    The error details are as follows:
    AppName: cdgrab.exe AppVer: 4.0.0.53 ModName: msvcrt.dll
    ModVer: 7.0.2600.0 Offset: 0002eff9

Anyway here is what I have tried to fix the problem.. Removed all cd's and reloaded dmc audio cd .. error still occured. even with no cd in the drive. It displays a wierd track list behind the error messages.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled DMC - error still occurs.
    I searched and deleted all DMC reg entries - and then resintalled this actually worked. however the error has since reoccured. So I tried deleting just the Cd grab reg entries, reinstall, still producing an error.

Anyway I give up....I know that the error is caused by a dodgy cd drive eading cd's that are fine... however perhaps reloading the program should clear the old track list or memory or whatever to prevent this recurring error

Any tips guys
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

It is likely you are trying to Rip a 'Copy Protected' CD, anyhow make sure you have installed the latest beta version of dMC (in Beta section of this forum).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>