title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

A question about protected WMA

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zhenkai
    • Jul 2003

A question about protected WMA

Hi.

I was just wondering if I was able to convert protected WMA to MP3 where the protected WMA has been already been unlocked (ie I could play it in WMP).
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

No, it is still protected.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Spoon
      No, it is still protected.
      How can I unprotect a wma file?

Thanks,

Comment

• Wayne
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Unregistered
        How can I unprotect a wma file?

Thanks,
        The WMA files are protected to stop people converting and sharing them so dMC isn't able to convert them. You mention that WMP plays them do they work in dAP as well?

You could try burning it onto a CDR/CDRW and then use dMC to (re)rip it to whatever format you require?

Wayne

Comment

• bicho_en_canada
          • Jun 2003

the file was unlocked in Windows Media Player via a licence. Depending on the licence, what you can do with the file varies. Most licences dont allow burning of the file to cd, or play in another software, and most only allow a certain period of play time. so you are out of luck with that file. sorry

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by Wayne
            The WMA files are protected to stop people converting and sharing them so dMC isn't able to convert them. You mention that WMP plays them do they work in dAP as well?

You could try burning it onto a CDR/CDRW and then use dMC to (re)rip it to whatever format you require?

Wayne

Comment

Working...

]]>