title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

how to convert VQF file with dBpoweramp 13.4 ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael REMY
    • Jun 2011

how to convert VQF file with dBpoweramp 13.4 ?

hi !

first, happy new year ! i wish you a long long life with this beautiful and efficient software (since a long time i am a user! )

new year, so i decided to convert all my music file into a same format : mp3.

i have some old crappy codec format VQF i'd like to convert into MP3.

But it seems that my dBpoweramp 13.4 can't do it.... i check codec central, and there is no plug for VQF...

how can i do !!!?

hope you'll help me or advice a way !

bye, have a good day
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: how to convert VQF file with dBpoweramp 13.4 ?

Sorry VQF is not supported, you might be able to find a generic DirectSound plug in that allows Windows Media Player to play vqf, if you do then you can use the DirectSound Codec to work with that in dBpoweramp.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Michael REMY
      i have some old crappy codec format VQF
      According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TwinVQ*Software_support , you can use ffmpeg. (Which means VLC can play it, if that is your favourite media player -- be warned that transcoding from one lossy format to another will incur quality losses.)

Syntax would be something like ffmpeg.exe -i INFILE.VQF -acodec mp3 -ab 192k OUTFILE.MP3 , where you substitute the 192k for your preferred bitrate. If you want more control over the output quality, then output everything to WAV or FLAC first, and then experiment lossless-to-mp3 until you have found your preferred bitrate. Do not convert to 320 k mp3 and downconvert to 128, say.

Comment

• Michael REMY
        • Jun 2011

hi,

after all this years, i still have these vqf files to convert into mp3 !
        well, off course this http://dbpoweramp.com/legacy/codec-central-vqf.htm doesn't work with 13.4 release...

well, i have toi use Winamp pro 5.63 to convert my vqf files into WAV, using Nullsoft Disk Writer v2.14. it's quite easy and quick and works fine.

Converting WAV to MP3 is also a child game now.

Comment

Working...

]]>