title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID Tag Update codec strips URL tag

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jezz
    • Nov 2011

ID Tag Update codec strips URL tag

Hi, I just installed the ID Tag Update R3 codec to check it out with the Music Converter.

I tested it with a couple of MP3 files which had ANSI-based ID3v2.3 tags. I didn't make any changes at all to the ID Tag Update settings (ie. everything on the Map, Deletions, Manipulation and Additions tabs are empty or intact) - so that the ID Tag Update shouldn't change, add or remove any of the existing tags. Then I let it run.

The result is that the tags were converted to UTF16, which is good - that's what I was expecting. However, I noticed that in the process, the "User defined URL link" tag was deleted from the MP3 files! I believe this tag maps to the WXXX frame. It existed in the original MP3s, along with a URL (ie. it wasn't an empty tag), but it was gone after running the converter. All other tags seem to be intact, including those mapped to TXXX.

Is this a bug perhaps? If not, what is the reason for deleting this one tag? Shouldn't the ID Tag Update codec leave all tags intact, unless I've configured it to do otherwise?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ID Tag Update codec strips URL tag

Update ID Tag reads the mp3 tag into a standard dBpoweramp format, then deletes the whole lot from the file, then rewrites, we must not handle that tag frame.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jezz
      • Nov 2011

Okay. Can you kindly add support for this tag frame for a future release? I use the URL tag (WXXX) all the time.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes it will be added at some point in the future.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>